On 26th October, 2020, the Office of the President and Cabinet announced that His Excellency the President, Dr. Lazarus McCarthy Chakwera, in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by Section 111 of the Constitution of the Republic of Malawi, appointed the following as Judges of the High Court of Malawi:
1. Her Honour Agnes Thokozani Patemba
2. His Honour Justus Asante Kishindo
3. Her Worship Violet Chipao
4. Her Honour Anneline Kanthambi
5. Her Honour Vikochi J.N. Chima
6. His Worship Simeon Mdeza
7. His Worship Mzonde Eric G. Mvula
8. Mr. Masauko Timothy Msungama
9. Mr. William Yakuwawa Msiska
10. Mrs. Maureen Kondowe
11. Mr. Mandala Dick Mambulasa; and
12. Mrs. Charlotte Wezi Malonda
The appointments were effective 20th October, 2020.
Pursuant to Section 115 of the Constitution of the Republic of Malawi which provides that before they assume office, their Lordships and Ladyships must take and subscribe to the oath of allegiance, it pleased His Excellency the President to preside over the swearing-in of the twelve Judges of the High Court.
The swearing-in ceremony was held on Thursday, 29th October, 2020 at Kamuzu Palace in Lilongwe. The Honourable the Chief Justice Andrew K.C. Nyirenda SC was in attendance.